Bible verses about prayer | prayers bible verses

1Ch 16:11 Let your search be for the Lord and for his strength; let your hearts ever be turned to him.


Job 22:27 You will make your prayer to him, and be answered; and you will give effect to your oaths.


Ps 57:1 Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me; for the hope of my soul is in you: I will keep myself safely under the shade of your wings, till these troubles are past.


Ps 65:2 To you, O hearer of prayer, let the words of all flesh come.


Ps 88:9 My eyes are wasting away because of my trouble: Lord, my cry has gone up to you every day, my hands are stretched out to you.


Ps 91:15 When his cry comes up to me, I will give him an answer: I will be with him in trouble; I will make him free from danger and give him honour.


Pr 8:34 Happy is the man who gives ear to me, watching at my doors day by day, keeping his place by the pillars of my house.


Pr 15:29 The Lord is far from sinners, but his ear is open to the prayer of the upright.


Ec 5:2 Be not unwise with your mouth, and let not your heart be quick to say anything before God, because God is in heaven and you are on the earth--so let not the number of your words be great.


Isa 1:15 And when your hands are stretched out to me, my eyes will be turned away from you: even though you go on making prayers, I will not give ear: your hands are full of blood.


Isa 30:19 O people, living in Zion, at Jerusalem, your weeping will be ended; he will certainly have mercy on you at the sound of your cry; when it comes to his ear, he will give you an answer.


Isa 43:22 But you have made no prayer to me, O Jacob: and you have given no thought to me, O Israel.


Isa 65:24 And before they make their request I will give an answer, and while they are still making prayer to me, I will give ear.


Jer 29:12 And you will go on crying to me and making prayer to me, and I will give ear to you.


Da 6:10 And Daniel, on hearing that the writing had been signed, went into his house; (now he had windows in his room on the roof opening in the direction of Jerusalem;) and three times a day he went down on his knees in prayer and praise before his God, as he had done before.


Mt 6:5-7 And when you make your prayers, be not like the false-hearted men, who take pleasure in getting up and saying their prayers in the Synagogues and at the street turnings so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, They have their reward. But when you make your prayer, go into your private room, and, shutting the door, say a prayer to your Father in secret, and your Father, who sees in secret, will give you your reward. And in your prayer do not make use of the same words again and again, as the Gentiles do: for they have the idea that God will give attention to them because of the number of their words.

Mt 6:9 Let this then be your prayer: Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy.


Mt 7:7-8 Make a request, and it will be answered; what you are searching for you will get; give the sign, and the door will be open to you: Because to everyone who makes a request, it will be given; and he who is searching will get his desire, and to him who gives the sign, the door will be open.


Mt 21:22 And all things, whatever you make request for in prayer, having faith, you will get.


Mt 18:20 For where two or three are come together in my name, there am I among them.


Mt 26:39 And he went forward a little, and falling down on his face in prayer, he said, O my Father, if it is possible, let this cup go from me; but let not my pleasure, but yours be done.

Mt 26:41 Keep watch with prayer, so that you may not be put to the test: the spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is feeble.


Mr 9:29 And he said to them, Nothing will make this sort come out but prayer.


Mr 12:40 Who take away the property of widows, and before the eyes of men make long prayers; these will be judged more hardly.


Lu 9:29 And while he was in prayer, his face was changed and his clothing became white and shining.


Lu 11:1 And it came about that he was in prayer in a certain place, and when he came to an end, one of his disciples said to him, Lord, will you give us teaching about prayer, as John did to his disciples?

Lu 11:2 And he said to them, When you say your prayers, say, Father, may your name be kept holy and your kingdom come.


Lu 18:1 And he made a story for them, the point of which was that men were to go on making prayer and not get tired;


Joh 14:13-14 And whatever request you make in my name, that I will do, so that the Father may have glory in the Son. If you make any request to me in my name, I will do it.


Joh 15:7 If you are in me at all times, and my words are in you, then anything for which you make a request will be done for you.


Joh 16:23-24 And on that day you will put no questions to me. Truly I say to you, Whatever request you make to the Father, he will give it to you in my name. Up to now you have made no request in my name: do so, and it will be answered, so that your hearts may be full of joy.


Ac 4:31 And when their prayer was ended, the place where they were was violently moved, and they all became full of the Holy Spirit, preaching the word of God without fear.


Ac 10:9 Now the day after, when they were on their journey and were near the town, Peter went up to the top of the house for prayer, about the sixth hour:


1Co 14:15 What then? let my prayer be from the spirit, and equally from the mind; let my song be from the spirit, and equally from mind.


1Th 5:17 Keep on with your prayers.


1Ti 4:5 For it is made holy by the word of God and by prayer.


Jas 5:16 So then, make a statement of your sins to one another, and say prayers for one another so that you may be made well. The prayer of a good man is full of power in its working.


1Jo 5:14-15 And we are certain that if we make any request to him which is right in his eyes, he will give ear to us: And if we are certain that he gives ear to all our requests, we are equally certain that we will get our requests.


Re 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and the four and twenty rulers went down on their faces before the Lamb, having every one an instrument of music, and gold vessels full of perfumes, which are the prayers of the saints.
My Prayer Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment